Thursday, February 3, 2011

"THE LOOK"............

DO YOU KNOW "THE LOOK" I AM TALKING ABOUT?! You know....... the look...... when a stranger looks in your eyes and you stop breathing, you are getting butterflies in your stomach, you are ready to change everything in your life, you are ready to follow him, you are ready to scream, to love, to get married, to have kids with HIM, with this stranger, because you have shared a special moment, a very intimate moment, moment that you have been thinking doesn't exist, romantic movie's kind of moment. I am pretty sure men have no idea what moment I am talking about.
Actually, I am scared of "that look", of that moment. Because what if you are married, and you meet HIM, and you are ready to give up everything for a person you do not even know, or what if you are married with kids...... yes...... life..... decisions, decisions.........
I had this moment on a plane, with a total stranger who was sitting a couple rows in front of me. I didn't expect it, just when our eyes met, I had all the symptoms. I almost stopped breathing, I couldn't stop looking at him, looking at each other you share life stories, your hopes and fears.....everything, it is more intimate than having sex, honestly, it is. You feel like this person gets you, accepts you, knows who you are, the way you are, you feel like this person cares. God, how crazy it is. And I am sure everyone who never had this moment would think that I am crazy. It is real!!!! It is!!!!!
What happened with "my stranger" you would ask...... yeah.... I blew it..... Yes, we kept looking at each other all flight, but we never spoke to each other, we shared a few glances, and that's it. We smiled to each other at the airport picking up our luggage and that's it. Were we too scared? Or we just didn't want to believe in purity of what was happening?! May be he was married (no ring though).........
The point of it is do what you feel like doing, follow your heart, you do not want to end up worrying what might have happened, you do not want to wonder "what if". Do not be afraid of rejection or changes, or something new. Life is too short.

3 comments:

hilda said...

Ahh, the age-old look....I know exactly what look you are talking about. The” look” that leaves you wanting more..... that instant flash, recognition, attraction, spark that is shared with a complete stranger in one lingering glance in one random moment in time. You can envision a whole lifetime of shared passions and ecstasy in those precious few seconds that feel as if you are in a haze of tingling excitement. How can it be possible to feel a cornucopia of emotions in such a short period of time? Is it love at first sight? Maybe...Is it lust at first sight? Probably, yes. Is it a complete understanding and bonding of two souls in that fragment of time? We will never know because most of the time it never goes beyond that initial magical contact encompassed in a glance. Whatever it is..it’s a unique moment shared with a fellow human being and impacts you in ways other encounters might never touch you. What is it about this "look" that drives us crazy with emotion? Is it the possibility that this moment in time, with this stranger who seems to look into your very soul, is the moment that can possibly change your life? Is it possible that it is this stranger whom you have been searching for all your life? How can he not be, after leaving behind a muddled mess of hot emotions, fantasies, and expectations? How can something so seemingly mundane and insignifanct such as a “LOOK” imprint such a blow to your senses??? You are not crazy my beautiful friend. I will be crazy with you because I too, have fallen victim to this unexplainable phenomenon….I have never been able to understand the significance of this. Sadly, could be because I never pursued it. Just like you and your handsome stranger at the the airport never pursued the magic that was felt in the silent longing that was expressed between glances. Alas, you are right my beautiful blogger!! Unless we take a risk and chance to maybe open ourselves to a world of hurt, we must overcome our fear of rejection and allow ourselves to follow our hearts more often than not. Because fear of rejection and cowardice can be what keeps us from maybe discovering the unknown that will ultimately change your life!!! So next time you come across the “look”, whether its at an airport, a bar, restaurant, museum, cafĂ©, just go for it. Embrace it, enjoy it, own it!!! Have no regrets because u said it best, “life is too short!”

THE UGLY TRUTH. MEN VS. WOMEN said...

My dear friend! You said everything so beautifully....... My poor english doesn't let my thoughts to be dressed so wonderfully. Thank you for sharing. It is amazing how much we can talk about just a couple of seconds, that could have changed our life. I read somewhere that happiness is not a permanent state of feelings, it accumulates through our live by collecting moments of happiness that last seconds or minutes, so totally it becomes just hours and if we are happy very often may be days. That's it. We are waiting for happiness, happiness is our final destination, but........ it just can't happen, it is impossible, it can last only seconds or minutes, that's it.....So I guess, thank you for those seconds of happiness that "look" give us, mixed together with wonder, imagination flow, excitement...........

hilda said...

Ive told you before you underestimate yourself, my lovely friend. You have a great way with words. I enjoy reading your thoughts and opinions on the opposite sex. Its very poetic! I especially like what you said about happiness(or what you read about happiness and shared with us...)"that happiness is not a permanent state of feelings..." I agree. And I didnt really think much of that until you mentioned it. Food for thought! Keep writing your blog, my friend. You have found a fan!